Blade seems too long now on my Jet scroll saw.

Maui Joe

The saw was working good and no problems initially. Hewever after a move, the blade is to long when i put it in. When I turn the saw on, the blade gets bent up as if it is too long. i will try realigning the arm with the table but it looks ok at measuring the distance from the table to the arm. Any thoughts as to what i might do?

Doesn't the newer style Jet saws have a tension adjustment via the tension lever? Like turn it clockwise for a bit more tension and counter clock for less tension? Maybe that got turned several turns and got it out of whack? 

BUT as I said Jet made a few different saws over the years so without knowing the model I don't know for sure.. 

18 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

Doesn't the newer style Jet saws have a tension adjustment via the tension lever? Like turn it clockwise for a bit more tension and counter clock for less tension? Maybe that got turned several turns and got it out of whack? 

BUT as I said Jet made a few different saws over the years so without knowing the model I don't know for sure.. 

This happened to me during my most recent move on my excalibur. 

I was just curious. I’m always interested in things that don’t work correctly so I can find the cause and ultimately the solution. It’s always nice to have everything working as it should bbbuuuttt it’s even nicer to be able to fix it whenever it doesn’t.     Just sayin 🤓