Golden Cheer

Old Joe

1 hour ago, Old Joe said:

...As I often do with other people’s patterns,I shrunk it down to 60% of the original size...

CEB4429E-46B4-4728-9076-0762D35E4F6A.jpeg

Very nice and well done!  Love the color work.

Question.  What is your reasoning for shrinking this pattern, and others, as you mention?  I have a tendancy to enlarge most patterns as I feel a small project just does not give the visual impact I want to provide.

3 hours ago, FrankEV said:

Very nice and well done!  Love the color work.

Question.  What is your reasoning for shrinking this pattern, and others, as you mention?  I have a tendancy to enlarge most patterns as I feel a small project just does not give the visual impact I want to provide.

This is in answer to Frank’s question as to why I often make my scrollings smaller.

Two reasons. First, I like the challenge of making them smaller without making it look muddled. 
Secondly, I find the portrait types that I do sell easier. I once did two almost identical portraits of Tom Petty except one was 25% smaller than the other one and the smaller one sold for 50 bucks more than the larger one. Smaller portraits don’t overwhelm a room, making them work better for some people.

Edited by Old Joe

7 hours ago, Dak0ta52 said:

Great job and the paint is a hit! Don't know how you gave the white texture but I had to look twice to realize it was actually painted.

I bought Aileen’s Glitter Snow Paint from Amazon. Also, another snow by Aileen’s, Pure Snow, I think. It comes in jars that don’t go too far, and the glitter is very understated.image.thumb.jpeg.5b8b6f84439ea6e76c9c421b2e09fa83.jpeg

Edited by Old Joe