Christmas Ornaments

Sycamore67

8 hours ago, Sycamore67 said:

It has been awhile since I have done much scroll saw work.  I needed to practice a bit before making the ornaments.  The pattern was from the Scroll Saw magazine.  I made some out of 1-1/4" Cherry, Maple and Walnut.  I cut them with either the FD Polar #5 or The PS Woods Super Sharps #5.  Both of them are skip tooth blades and work well in thicker wood.  The Super Sharps are more expensive but cut easier.  They were finished with eagle can lacquer.  I thought they were a bit plain so cut some 5/8" tall reindeer, stars or Christmas Trees.  The small reindeer were cut from 1/8" Maple with a #3 FD Polar and a 3X magnifier lens. I made about 10 ornaments and gave most away to friends.

20211222_071357_resized.jpg

Very nice. Thanks for showing.

1 hour ago, Dave Monk said:

Are the super sharp worth the money using them for compound cutting?

I wouldn't buy them at that price. I have tried them but wasn't impressed. I have a bunch of them that came with the first used EX that I bought. When yhey are gone, unless I change my opinion of them, I won't be buying more.