Picket Fence Welcome

Dak0ta52

On 12/31/2021 at 10:58 PM, wombatie said:

Lovely work on all of them.   I love the gnome.  :)

Marg

Thanks Marg. The cutting was easy. The wife did the hard part by painting. I finished two more today. St. Patty's day and July 4th. Haven't taken pictures yet. Didn't finish them until about 11 tonight.

Here is the St. Patty and July 4th topper. Again these are modified patterns from Steve Good. They are 1/4 pine ply either painted or stained. Both are sprayed with clear gloss. the Easter, Veterans/Memorial Day and Halloween are still in the works.

Toppers 4th and St Patty.jpg

Edited by Dak0ta52

3 hours ago, Jim McDonald said:

The magnet idea is getting stolen....I mean borrowed.

Great work for a good cause. Keeping relatives happy is always good.

By all means borrow the magnet idea. I will suggest using rare earth magnets that are rated at 20 lbs. or more. I initially used two small (maybe 5 lbs.) magnets and they wouldn't hold the Christmas topper in place. It would stay there as long as the piece wasn't bumped or moved. I purchased a dozen 40 lb magnets on Amazon for $15.

As far as my niece, she has a horse tack shop and a lot of people come through. I figured if I gave the Welcome sign to her, she could tell her customers who were interested that I would make them to sell. She also suggested I make some western toppers. (Horse heads, riders, boots, cowboy hats, etc.) My only problem is I've been busy doing this sign and toppers and haven't gotten to a couple Jim Blume patterns I've been wanting to do. Just not enough time.

Finished two more toppers for the Welcome sign. Again, Steve Good patterns I may have altered to fit my needs. It is all 1/4 pine ply either painted, natural stain or red pine stain. Coated with several layers of clear. My wife did the painting.

Toppers Easter Veterans.jpg

Edited by Dak0ta52

All very well done!
Thanks for sharing and God Bless! Spirithorse

P.S.  I made large round welcome signs with interchangeable signs.
One has the ever popular red truck that really seemed to catch on
and the parts that inter-change just slip behind the wood planks on the
truck bed.  The other says welcome to our home and the letter 'O' is
changed out with the seasonal items which are attached with velcro.