At Last

Loskoppie

Nice work, Barbara!  As far as cutting hardwood goes, the only difference is the speed of the cut and the number of blade changes (due to dulling).  I cut the pictured piece out of Jatoba wood (called Brazilian cherry in the US).  It is extremely hard and dense (and isn't even remotely related to cherry).  Jatoba makes hickory seem soft by comparison.

IMG_0787.JPG

IMG_0794.JPG

Edited by Blaughn

1 hour ago, Blaughn said:

Nice work, Barbara!  As far as cutting hardwood goes, the only difference is the speed of the cut and the number of blade changes (due to dulling).  I cut the pictured piece out of Jatoba wood (called Brazilian cherry in the US).  It is extremely hard and dense (and isn't even remotely related to cherry).  Jatoba makes hickory seem soft by comparison.

IMG_0787.JPG

IMG_0794.JPG

Nice job, and good verse. 

Thanks all.  Hi Marg you will be horrified at the blades I used first in scrollng.  They were pinless blades was hard and could not have been able to do what I do now.

A person on a show of tools helped my hubby to change machine to hold pinless blades thank goodness for helpful people.  

Hi Blaughn and Charlie E 

So glad to hear what you had to say on hard wood and my machine is my place of peace (love it).  As for working on soft and hard both not easy as soft is like cutting butter with a hot knife.  It is just that crazy for me, both a have the hard bits but it is like a drug of choice for me (if I was on drugs) have to hard a time to handle life sober to get on drugs. 😇

Love all the input you guys give

Barbara 

6 hours ago, Loskoppie said:

Hi Blaughn and Charlie E 

So glad to hear what you had to say on hard wood and my machine is my place of peace (love it).  As for working on soft and hard both not easy as soft is like cutting butter with a hot knife.  It is just that crazy for me, both a have the hard bits but it is like a drug of choice for me (if I was on drugs) have to hard a time to handle life sober to get on drugs. 😇

Love all the input you guys give

Barbara 

Barbara, if your machine is your place of peace, then you are definitely doing it right! :) I feel the same way.