Lumber Prices Going Back Up!

kmmcrafts

I haven't been to the lumber store in over a year I think.. I still have enough to probably get me through most of this year since I have picked up a lot of cut offs etc. from my brothers mill. I'll likely need some BBply by early summer though. 

My local news did a report saying the prices are heading back up due to covid.. and short supply etc.

Went to buy some BB plywood Today and left the store without any. I checked the price in December and it was $ 18.99 for a 5x5 sheet. Today it was $ 34.99. I have some stock but not enough to last the year. Going to wait and see if it goes up more or comes down a bit. I don't think my customers would stand me doubling my prices. Might have to find a new hobby. 

On 1/10/2022 at 8:06 PM, scrollingforsanity said:

Went to buy some BB plywood Today and left the store without any. I checked the price in December and it was $ 18.99 for a 5x5 sheet. Today it was $ 34.99. I have some stock but not enough to last the year. Going to wait and see if it goes up more or comes down a bit. I don't think my customers would stand me doubling my prices. Might have to find a new hobby. 

I was paying 15 a sheet last year and 35 a few weeks ago. But in perspective, everything else has gone up as well. Too bad we can't raise our prices like that. But I won't quit my work. I just find ways of being more efficient to offset the costs increases.

I am down to several pieces of scrap 1/4 &1/8 BB might get some ornaments off it  but will have to buy more , I through my change into a coffee can every night to buy BB ply with so I may have enough for a couple sheets. This is what I call my slush fund. from old Navy days. You can't even find cheep ply at HD any more it seems like BB ply is cheaper. No matter what I will keep on scrolling I have a goal to meet Scroll till I am ninety 8 years to go.

IKE