First completed project of 2022

RabidAlien

Beautiful piece. I would be afraid I would ruin it if I tried to go further with epoxy. 😰My husband and I had a conversation just yesterday about my “over thinking” too much and worrying about messing it up so instead I just “think” on it for ever rather than just trying it and throwing it away if it doesn’t work. 🤭🤫🙃 I really have tried to work on it and do do better sometimes. 🙂 only those afflicted with the same issue will understand though. 😉🥴

I’m sorry your family has had a rough time for a bit but am glad you were able to find sometime to create saw dust and this beautiful piece. Prayers said that things have turned the corner for your family and are getting better.

Edited by meflick
Typo

I am afraid I would have to disagree with Malanee's comments about using the epoxy on this piece, which is very well done and an attractive piece. That being said, what I mean by that is, it is the times where you go ahead and cut some fret work that you have backed away from because you never thought you were capable of doing. Then you give it a try and find out you can do that difficult of an item. It is then that you, 'move ahead' in your efforts. If one  does not give the 'scary' things a try, one will find they are only discouraging themselves and will not advance to where they would like to be. That is why trying epoxy at this time, I believe to be a good idea. What if it becomes messed up and you wish you would have left well enough alone? Try again, maybe with a simpler project next time and try again, eventually you will learn to do that well. If you do have a bad experience this time, keep the failed attempt and use it to compare after you master it. You will be glad you tried once you get there. I say,"spread those wings and learn to fly."

Just my take on it.

Dick

heppnerguy

1 hour ago, heppnerguy said:

I am afraid I would have to disagree with Malanee's comments about using the epoxy on this piece, which is very well done and an attractive piece. That being said, what I mean by that is, it is the times where you go ahead and cut some fret work that you have backed away from because you never thought you were capable of doing. Then you give it a try and find out you can do that difficult of an item. It is then that you, 'move ahead' in your efforts. If one  does not give the 'scary' things a try, one will find they are only discouraging themselves and will not advance to where they would like to be. That is why trying epoxy at this time, I believe to be a good idea. What if it becomes messed up and you wish you would have left well enough alone? Try again, maybe with a simpler project next time and try again, eventually you will learn to do that well. If you do have a bad experience this time, keep the failed attempt and use it to compare after you master it. You will be glad you tried once you get there. I say,"spread those wings and learn to fly."

Just my take on it.

Dick

heppnerguy

Agreed.  And my reasoning for using this was because 1) I really have nothing else to do with it, b) if its messed up, I'll just cut it again (it wasn't difficult, just repetitive), and iii) why not?  Gotta take the leap sometime.

• 3 weeks later...