Splat Kitten

FrankEV

This is a converted stencil pattern I found on-line that I sized to fit centered on a Hand Painted 9” x 13” BB Ply backer.   The cut panel is a 5/32” thick solid core Walnut stained with Minwax Dark Walnut to darken the panel.   Pegas #2/0 Spiral blades were used to cut the pattern.

The Panel is set loose in a 1 3/4” wide Poplar Frame stained with Minwax Ebony Stain and protected with multiple coats of Minwax Clear Gloss Wipe on Poly.

754464252_SplatKitten.thumb.jpg.902ca43912d90452c55ba00ef996cf05.jpg

I do not feel the quality of this project is as well as I can do.  This is mainly because of the difficulty of cutting the thin and pointy whiskers and pointy openings and outline with spiral blades.   Had I taken the time to use flat blades it may have produced a better product. 

As always, comments and critique welcome.

Edited by FrankEV

19 minutes ago, preprius said:

Wow,  look at all those tiny cat hairs.

I was wondering what you have been up to.  It has been a while. 

Now I know why it has been so long.  

Me.

Mark Eason

Just a little FYI why there is significent time between my new project posting.  Because I most often add color in the form of hand painting, I will have multiple projects occuring at the same time.  I do painting in between cutting and frame making.  You know paint take time to dry so I can't do different colors all at once.  While these last two came together almost at the same time, a third is being painted right now and the frame for it, is drying.   

I have a same subject grouping of four that is waiting to be cut next, unless something else jumps up and says "cut me now". 

AND, my lady had a slip and fall accident, breaking her right foot and can not drive. So in between all else, for the last two weeks and probably 6 more, I'm her chaufer to Doctors and the like.  Can't be scrolling while sitting in the waiting room 😒.