Mini Birdhouses and Display Stand

DWSUDEKUM

I created this 36" vertical birdhouse display stand. It has a 10 in circular base with a 7 inch secondary base then a 1 1/2 square poplar dowel with 1/4 dowels placed every 6 inches. It will hold at least a dozen birdhouses at one time. It can also double as a 3/d Christmas ornament display stand as well. It was not hard to do.

i59A5F514-DA71-4FA5-B232-D6C5B4C36A9A.jpg

It is to display these Mini birdhouses

i4C8E3D66-54C3-473D-A757-50CEB8250130.jpg

i99DF956C-5673-47CE-B769-D64BBC086D24.jpg

iEB21DEBB-A40B-46AD-B57F-5BEB22B6719C.jpg

The woods used for them are Eucalyptus, Pine, Poplar, Cedar, Purpleheart, RedWood

DW

The birdshouse patterns can be gotten from May 2001 Creative Woodworking and Crafts magazine or from Diana Thompson's website http://www.scrollsawinspirations.com/default.asp?ID=7&action=detail&ProductCode=131. Basically the birdhouses are around 3 inches tall and were cut from a piece of wood that was 1 1/2 inches wide on each side. You cut one side put the wood back and tape it in place then cut the other. The birdhouses are real easy to cut. You just need a fostener bit to cut the birdhouse opening and a 1/8 in drill bit to drill the hole for the perch. The bird is cut from a piece of 3/4 in square stock.

DW

Hi WolfmoonCT.

These are adictive to cut. I have cut all 15 and now cutting multiples of the ones I like. Why I don't know but it really uses up the scraps and it is really fun to see what pops out of the block.

Diana also has 3D angels that are in the Christmas issue of CWW. They are equally as fun. Cut about 6 of those and now am going to cut an bunch of the ribbon angels for a fund raiser.

Don