Home Nurse

lawson56

Well I am back, I haven't been able to log on for awhile. I have been doing my best at playing Home Nurse to my Wife . She finally had Full Knee Replacement on her Left knee, And I have been playing home nurse to her, It has been a full time job🥴. But she has been doing Fantastic. She got her staples removed today, boy they were a butch. She's able to walk better, with a walker. So maybe I can get back down to my shop and make some sawdust. and get back here to The Village and get caught up.😀 

I've been there two times, a year apart. The healing process for a knee replacement takes time. The exercises determine how well she will recover. The more that she can do, the better she will recover, but when the pain is too much it's time to stop until the next day. Full recovery, at least for me, took about a year, but I was walking with a cane in about a month. The replacements are not as good as the originals before I wrecked them,  but far better than I was going through before they were replaced. I finally got them to replace them when I started asking for a wheelchair. I should have asked much sooner.

Charley

I'm sorry to hear about your wife's knee surgery but happy to hear that she is recovering. I've got both knees that give me fits from time to time also. I just found some stuff that seems to help with the joint pain and inflammation. It's called MSM powder. I bought it on Amazon. a half tea spoon twice a day dissolved in warm water or whatever beverage you choose. I use warm water as it dissolves faster. Anyway, it seems to work. My knees haven't hurt for 2 days in a row. 

I have been homesetting my wife for the past 2 years.In the summer time I can go out to the shop for a hour or so about 30 min. at t time so this winter i set my back up saw in a spare bedroom with  a vac set up to keep the dust down. I don't get much done but it helps my nerves a lot. and my wife is not neglected .When i need wood I get my sister in law to set with her for 2 or 3 hours so I get  plenty of wood at a time. I have kept my sanity this way..

IKE

3 hours ago, William Eicehelberger said:

I have been homesetting my wife for the past 2 years.In the summer time I can go out to the shop for a hour or so about 30 min. at t time so this winter i set my back up saw in a spare bedroom with  a vac set up to keep the dust down. I don't get much done but it helps my nerves a lot. and my wife is not neglected .When i need wood I get my sister in law to set with her for 2 or 3 hours so I get  plenty of wood at a time. I have kept my sanity this way..

IKE

You are a good man Ike.

My hat is off to all of you who are care givers to a loved one.  I've seen the physical and emotional toll that can take on a person.  So whether you are caring for someone with the flu or a broken leg or dementia, you are living out God's call for us to show love and care for those in need.   Bravo  👏

8 hours ago, William Eicehelberger said:

IKE

I know how you feel. And I agree You are a Good Man!!