Do Pegas Replacement Blade Chucks/Clamps fit Excalibur EX-19?

On 2/3/2022 at 9:19 PM, MarylandScroller said:

I was wondering if the Pegas blade chucks would fit an Excalibur EX-19 saw?

On Woodcraft, it states that the clamps fit the 16", 21" and 30" saws.  There is no mention of the 19" saws.

-Alan

Hi Alan.  Yes, the Pegas Chuck Head Set #90.300 will fit all EX machines.  I have it on my EX21.  They are on my website for $94.50 and free shipping.  The website is in my signature.

5 hours ago, MarylandScroller said:

Glad to hear the Pegas clamps will fit my saw.  How exactly will the Pegas clamps help me or my saw, if the current Excalibur clamps are still working well?

They just work better and are lighter weight. I have 2 Ex's and changed both to Pegas. Believe me, they make a difference. Are they worth $100 a set, no. But that's just the way of the world now. In Switzerland they're probably $10 a set.

On 2/8/2022 at 12:29 PM, OCtoolguy said:

They just work better and are lighter weight. I have 2 Ex's and changed both to Pegas. Believe me, they make a difference. Are they worth $100 a set, no. But that's just the way of the world now. In Switzerland they're probably $10 a set.

They might not be worth $100 a set if one is calculating the cost to the designer, the manufacturer, or the seller, but they worth worth at least $100 a set to me when Installed them on my ancient EX30.

On 2/16/2022 at 8:26 AM, Frank Pellow said:

They might not be worth $100 a set if one is calculating the cost to the designer, the manufacturer, or the seller, but they worth worth at least $100 a set to me when Installed them on my ancient EX30.

How do they improve your experience?  Is it a matter of quicker blade changes, or does the saw actually run smoother in some way?

1 hour ago, MarylandScroller said:

How do they improve your experience?  Is it a matter of quicker blade changes, or does the saw actually run smoother in some way?

I found less vibration and the simplicity of flipping a lever to apply tension much easier than rotating the slider. And my saw just seemed better & quieter.

1 hour ago, MarylandScroller said:

They operate in much the same way as the original Excalibur clamps, but they hold much better resulting in far less aggravation. 

But, I don't think that my saw runs any smoother.

5 hours ago, Frank Pellow said:

They operate in much the same way as the original Excalibur clamps, but they hold much better resulting in far less aggravation. 

But, I don't think that my saw runs any smoother.

My experience was related to my Dewalt. But with that said, I still prefer the Pegas chucks over the originals on both of my Ex's.