Not bragging, but …

Millwab

28 minutes ago, Tom-in-Ashland said:

30 hours to put it back together - - how many hours to cut?

Fortunately not as many.  I have no idea how long it took me.  My back only allows me about an hour at the saw, so the puzzles get cut in sessions. This one is ~ 11.25” x 12” and 287 pieces. What makes this more difficult is that the figure 8 cut yields pieces that all look alike (even though being hand cut there are differences) and when there are dozens of pieces that are the same plain color it’s tough.  And cutting on the diagonal the outside edge pieces are triangles that don’t connect to each other except in the corners so you can’t put the "frame" together and then fill it in. 

3 hours ago, lawson56 said:

At first I could not see the puzzle cuts. A closer look brought them in view. You did an Awesome job!! 👍👍Love the subject of your puzzle. Maybe a few different shapes now and then may make it easier to put together.🤔

Backed off a bit on the next one. More traditional puzzle cut with this one …

image.jpeg

great job. I would think that scrollers would be the ones that enjoy putting puzzles together because of the time it takes to cut fret work and we who love fret cutting understand the time and effort they often take. They are kind of a puzzle in themselves. I have some photos I want to make into puzzles so I guess it is time for me to get on some of those too. Keep up the good work.

Dick

heppnerguy

3 hours ago, barb.j.enders said:

Very nice cutting.  That figure 8 locking looks interesting.

Thanx Barb. Don’t remember exactly where I got the idea for the figure 8 locks, but I’ve modified them along the way and have used them for so long they are my go to pattern.  The shape alone makes for a more challenging puzzle whether cut horizontally or diagonally.