how to finnish a picture ?

pdmclardy

I don't bother finishing the edges. Most of the time, people don't even notice the edges. They're too busy looking at the picture you just cut. Plus I like the look of the plywood. To finish, I just put on a clear coat of acrylic spray and back it with black felt. Then I usually frame it (behind glass).

Thanks for reply's Travis this sounds interesting for some pictures where the cut out is in one piece but not so sure for them with multiple pieces

Wolfmoonct yes i have done this also and think it is a good idea where the finnished subject is within the size of the backing board the problem i am having is when subject and backing are the same size , i have been using mdf for a backing and up till now i have used iron on edgeing to finnish it off , i have tried to make frames but never can get that perfect mitre

Peter

post-6193-134955588422_thumb.jpgI use the "Certificate" frames from Dollar tree. They are 8 1/2 X 11". $1.

For a backing I use black felt or sometimes red. Another backing I use are scrapbook sheets with a design that compliments the cutting.

At times I will glue the felt to the frame backing and then glue the cutting to that, especially for 'loos' cuttings.

John

Old Dust

• 2 weeks later...