Recommended Work Bench for Scroll Saw

RoyzMG

Any recommendations for a design of a scroll saw table or pedestal?  I currently have my saw on my custom made build table but this requires standing at the saw and trying to manipulate the foot operated on/off switch.  Searching the web I found a couple of tables that allow sitting at the saw (my recommendation).  I also noticed many designs allow the saw itself to be angled downward to prevent neck strain.  I’m new at the scroll saw and have only been using it for about 10 hours but a sitting solution appears to be the answer.

I have 2 Excaliburs that I built low tables that are moveable. Each one has 2 7" wheels at the back end opposite from where I sit. I have incorporated a couple of pieces of PVC that slide inside of each other to make wheelbarrow type handles to move the saws around. When not needed the smaller PVC slides inside of the larger PVC. Each saw has it's own onboard dust control system using MetroVac 500 vacuums and mini cyclone dust collectors. All in all, they work out great. There are plans out there but I like mine better. Good luck with whatever you come up with.

Here is the work bench hubby made for me.  i use a bar stool for sitting plus I have the option of standing if I wish.  It has three tilt setting and a shelf below for misc.  He measured my saw for the top the saw is bolted to.  Works like a charm for me. Made it out of lumber he had on hand.  Hope this helps.

Scrollsaw set up in She shed 1-1-2022 (5).JPG

Scrollsaw set up in She shed 1-1-2022 (6).JPG