Wood finger rings

Mr sawdust

4 hours ago, timelett said:

Something I would like to do  can you shair what you are doing? 

The,re made with different woods, some lamination, some not..

tried spalted maple , too weak  reaks easy..

Using  a cheap ring gauge for sizing…drill cut, and sanding…..lots of sanding…

I made rings for my daughter and wife several years ago.. I made a inlay peace sign pendant for my daughter back a few years ago when the symbol made another "in style" comeback for a couple short lived years, LOL

The rings I made was actually a template from Steve Good I think.. He has patterns for estimated ring sizes etc.. I did a glue up of walnut and maple.. then basically just cut it out and did all the shaping by sanding it. Quite a lot of work this way but the rings came out awesome.. I used clear Lacquer for the finish.. held up pretty good but after a couple years there is some wear showing on the finish. Could always just top coat again I suppose.

Used to be a guy I followed on instagram that made rings and sold them on etsy.. his method was to cut strips of thin laminate material and super glue. he had different size dowels for doing his glue ups.. He would apply some glue and roll the laminate up and just kept gluing / rolling.. then sand and shape it.. His finish was actually the CA glue ( super glue ).. He made some beautiful rings.. weren't cheap either at a couple hundred each. He's probably still on instagram and etsy.. I just don't get on and follow the people like I once did.. He had quite a few sales and seemed to do really well with it.  

On 3/9/2022 at 2:05 PM, kmmcrafts said:

I made rings for my daughter and wife several years ago.. I made a inlay peace sign pendant for my daughter back a few years ago when the symbol made another "in style" comeback for a couple short lived years, LOL

The rings I made was actually a template from Steve Good I think.. He has patterns for estimated ring sizes etc.. I did a glue up of walnut and maple.. then basically just cut it out and did all the shaping by sanding it. Quite a lot of work this way but the rings came out awesome.. I used clear Lacquer for the finish.. held up pretty good but after a couple years there is some wear showing on the finish. Could always just top coat again I suppose.

Used to be a guy I followed on instagram that made rings and sold them on etsy.. his method was to cut strips of thin laminate material and super glue. he had different size dowels for doing his glue ups.. He would apply some glue and roll the laminate up and just kept gluing / rolling.. then sand and shape it.. His finish was actually the CA glue ( super glue ).. He made some beautiful rings.. weren't cheap either at a couple hundred each. He's probably still on instagram and etsy.. I just don't get on and follow the people like I once did.. He had quite a few sales and seemed to do really well with it.  

Thanks for the tip..