motor cycle model

heppnerguy

22 minutes ago, ChelCass said:

Wow, thats awesome Dick.  Any biker would be happy to get one.

Thank you for the nice comment. I am making a few changes the one I am making now and it should be a little better. After making the first one, I have learned a couple of changes and it also seems to go together easier also.

Dick

heppnerguy

On 3/16/2022 at 11:31 AM, Fab4 said:

Hello Friend...lol....I mean Dick
You still got it....well done
Thanks for sharing this and where it came from
Now, get your motor running and make a few more....my friend...wink wink😉😉😂
Fab4

I did just finish another one of these today and I have another order for one more of them. I sure enjoy making these detailed toys. I will post the other one tomorrow, along with a funny  story about my experience today while finishing it. Stay tuned to laugh at me once more.

Dick

heppnerguy

6 hours ago, Phantom Scroller said:

Love this and the contrasting woods. :thumbs: Roly

Thanks Roly. I just finished the second one and made a couple of changes and I like it a little better than the one I posted here. I will post it too as I think it will make a nice comparison.

Dick

heppnerguy

I just bought this design and the Ford Bronco he has. My brother will love the Harley. Now,  I'm exited to make it, do I cut the order I have or cheat and cut this. Probably need to put my new planer together first since all my wood stock is 1" ... well dang it.. I'm going to cut this someday for sure, 😂 because I paid for the pattern... I've never bought a pattern that I never intended to cut.. but do have patterns I purchased years ago and still planning to cut them..:) I'm just supporting the designers yeah that's it.. I'm supporting the designers..😂

I really do hope to cut this in the next couple weeks.. but we'll see how reality set's in and what actually happens. I'll post it when it's done.  

On 3/21/2022 at 4:34 AM, kmmcrafts said:

I just bought this design and the Ford Bronco he has. My brother will love the Harley. Now,  I'm exited to make it, do I cut the order I have or cheat and cut this. Probably need to put my new planer together first since all my wood stock is 1" ... well dang it.. I'm going to cut this someday for sure, 😂 because I paid for the pattern... I've never bought a pattern that I never intended to cut.. but do have patterns I purchased years ago and still planning to cut them..:) I'm just supporting the designers yeah that's it.. I'm supporting the designers..😂

I really do hope to cut this in the next couple weeks.. but we'll see how reality set's in and what actually happens. I'll post it when it's done.  

have cut a total of 3 motorcycles and have learned something from ever effort. I still want to have one for myself too. the 3 are sold.

Doick

heppnerguy

2 hours ago, heppnerguy said:

have cut a total of 3 motorcycles and have learned something from ever effort. I still want to have one for myself too. the 3 are sold.

Doick

heppnerguy

I started cutting it the other day.. Guess I should have studied the plans better, I now realize the colors / wood species I was cutting was backwards of what I wanted, LOL.. I quit cutting because I have a order to make now.. and trying to decide how I want to go forward with it. Tempted to just cut it all out of maple and put it together so I have a better understanding of what wood to use where.. I wanted to do contrasting colors using different wood but that always messes with my mind.. 

On 3/24/2022 at 1:05 PM, kmmcrafts said:

I started cutting it the other day.. Guess I should have studied the plans better, I now realize the colors / wood species I was cutting was backwards of what I wanted, LOL.. I quit cutting because I have a order to make now.. and trying to decide how I want to go forward with it. Tempted to just cut it all out of maple and put it together so I have a better understanding of what wood to use where.. I wanted to do contrasting colors using different wood but that always messes with my mind.. 

i will send you the last motorcycle I did with more contrasting items. it just might help. It really is an interesting and fun  piece to make and after the first one it goes a lot faster.

Dick

heppnerguy