school day

don watson

8 hours ago, don watson said:

...I am 83 years old this year and I still feel like a visit here is a School Day....

I'm joining you in the 80's club in May.  

Not sure I can even remember what a "school day" feels like, but I do still learn something new almost everyday...most of which I forget by the folloing day 😴.  

Yep, I ususally check in every morning, mid day a lot and often just before bedtime as well.  And,  "I can't get to sleep after a midnight pee call", will result in me checking in also.

Haven't had the pleasure of knowing any of you in person, but everyone here feels like a friend, that is for sure. 

3 hours ago, timelett said:

Thanks to Kevin and the village I found a new way to put crappie in the house over the winter 20220208_182015.thumb.jpg.852915a663eb015005cfe419fa50ec08.jpg

Glad you're enjoying the hobby. Looks like you're putting that old Hawk to good use, certain projects makes me wish I'd have kept that old saw.. loved the way the arm goes up higher than any of the other saws and love that soft start that one has.. 

Great job on the crappie! 

On 3/17/2022 at 5:13 AM, don watson said:

Hi Everyone,

Can I just say what a pleasure it is to visit the Village on a (nearly) daily basis. I NEVER fail to leave without something learned or a new pattern to try. It always cheers me up when I am at a low and I count some of you on here as Personal Friends (you know who you are). I am 83 years old this year and I still feel like a visit here is a School Day. Thank you all for having me and listening to all my woes and problems that I have met and made. 

take care and stay safe.

Don W

Don, I feel the exact same way. 

I hang out here mostly but I also belong to every scroll saw/woodworking related group on Facebook. I am constantly telling folks on there about this website and our fantastic group. I just got a young lady from Kansas to join yesterday and I think she will be buying a used saw from one of our members. It's truly a "family" here.