Vibrating Excalibur saw

Mr sawdust

2 hours ago, Mr sawdust said:

Hi..

i have a Excalibur model EX-21

it seems to have developped quite a bit of vibrations , in a nut shell what would be the first steps to determine origins of vibrations and how to fix it..

T I A

Rene

Look at the i. d. Plate. If it says made in China, chances are it's wore out. That's where we start. If not, we can move on.

First place I'd check is the stand.. I've had mine pick up a vibration and it was the stand had gotten bumped slightly and wasn't planted firm on all 4 legs to the floor. In my case I have the back legs setting on a 2 x 4 to raise the back up higher and the legs had moved enough to be setting on the edge of the 2 x 4 and caused the vibration. 

Another 1st or second thing to check would be that the upper arm is parallel to the saw table.. I've had my adjustment knob start turning on its own and the saw became way out of adjustment, which caused vibration and odd noise.. 

As has been mentioned.. check all visible bolts, nuts, and screws to be sure they're snugged up tight, both on the saw stand, saw to stand bolts, and then the saw itself. 

If these all check out okay.. you may have some bearings that the grease has dried up and worn the bearings and sleeve pins.. The more common ones to go are the ones at the front of the saw in the link arms etc that get exposed to the fine sawdust ( typically the lower arm ) as the dust drops down onto them pivot points. Next more common would be the larger needle bearing at the back of the saw.. 

Edited by kmmcrafts