Colorado Scrollers, lend me thy eyes!

TheTinkerinMan

Friends in Colorado, Hello from Virginia! I have a favor to ask of you. I've recently made an agreement with my Father-in-Law, who owns a clock store in Greely, Colorado. He's going to start buying some of my work to sell in his store. He's not really giving me much to go on as far as what types of things would sell, and I don't want him to spend the shipping to send him stuff that will just end up collecting dust and taking up space in his store. What he has told me is wild life, butterflies, and birds, and signs/word are type of things. That helps some, but I would like a little more to go on than just that. I bought the Wildlife Collector Plates pattern book by Rick and Karen Longabaugh (and there is some really beautiful stuff in there!) so I'll be making some of those to send out there. Since it is a clock store, clocks and are one item I'll be focusing on, and I'm thinking Natve American items as well. Probably some puzzles too. If anyone could help me out with some more ideas, and with what things are currently going for out there so I can get my pricing right, I'd very much appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Bill

I'm not in CO, but here in MT, wildlife, scenic designs, western and native american designs would do well. Montanans (and I'd imagine folks from CO are the same) take pride in our wildlife, scenic vistas, and western culture. Naturally, word art will always do well, from clever bumper-sticker style sayings, religious and inspirational quotes.

Check out the CO tourism website to get a better handle on what they show pride in.

Other products could be magnets, bookmarks, portrait-style cuttings, mini-clocks. Check Etsy and search scroll saw and see what others are selling. That could spark a couple ideas too.