Sweater pin for my granddaughter

Charlie E

9 hours ago, wombatie said:

Beautiful.  May I ask where you get the patterns from please?

Marg

1 hour ago, Badgerboy said:

Ohh, I really like that! What an awesome idea, well done.  Where do you find your designs or do you create them?

I haven't found any patterns. I've just been Googling wooden shawl pins and using the images as patterns. I make them the size I want on Inkscape and print 2 so I can use one for each piece of the pin. On some, like the mouse and the cat, it helps to sand a groove in the body part to help the head and tail stay in the right place if that makes sense. I don't think copyrights would be an issue on something like this. A real pattern would be easier though. They are really fun to make. :) 

mouse.jpgbd5204ae11edca3bce17729d5cc8fc14.jpg

flower.jpgturtle.jpg

Edited by Charlie E

6 hours ago, Charlie E said:

I haven't found any patterns. I've just been Googling wooden shawl pins and using the images as patterns. I make them the size I want on Inkscape and print 2 so I can use one for each piece of the pin. On some, like the mouse and the cat, it helps to sand a groove in the body part to help the head and tail stay in the right place if that makes sense. I don't think copyrights would be an issue on something like this. A real pattern would be easier though. They are really fun to make. :) 

mouse.jpgbd5204ae11edca3bce17729d5cc8fc14.jpg

flower.jpgturtle.jpg

Thanks for the info, these are all so cool!