Steve Good 3D Puzzle and charcuterie board

Jaguarguy

Nice!!!  Saw the puzzle yesterday, considered downloading it but then looked at the pile of other patterns....LOL  Looks like a quick, fun cut, may have to print it out for a frustrating day when I just need a project to complete.

LOVE the cutting board.  Someone needs to do a video and post it up in the training section of the forum (cough, cough)!

2 hours ago, RabidAlien said:

Nice!!!  Saw the puzzle yesterday, considered downloading it but then looked at the pile of other patterns....LOL  Looks like a quick, fun cut, may have to print it out for a frustrating day when I just need a project to complete.

LOVE the cutting board.  Someone needs to do a video and post it up in the training section of the forum (cough, cough)!

That's the first cutting board AND the first time I have ever used epoxy - so it isn't that difficult.  I'll try to video next time I try one.

Edited by Jaguarguy

2 hours ago, Jaguarguy said:

That's the first cutting board AND the first time I have ever used epoxy - so it isn't that difficult.  I'll try to video next time I try one.

What epoxy did you use?  I tried it once, didn't turn out too well.  I didn't get a good seal on the base, apparently, and the color flakes I mixed in clumped up and just piled up everywhere.

13 hours ago, RabidAlien said:

What epoxy did you use?  I tried it once, didn't turn out too well.  I didn't get a good seal on the base, apparently, and the color flakes I mixed in clumped up and just piled up everywhere.

I used IceCast Epoxy - the version that was a 1-1 mix. In addition to accurately measuring,  I think the key is to stir it good, then stir it again, and then finally stir it again.  When did you stir in the color flakes?  I put them in after my four times stirring - and then I stirred that four times.  It took 5 days for it to cure in the mold.

Edited by Jaguarguy

7 hours ago, Jaguarguy said:

I used IceCast Epoxy - the version that was a 1-1 mix. In addition to accurately measuring,  I think the key is to stir it good, then stir it again, and then finally stir it again.  When did you stir in the color flakes?  I put them in after my four times stirring - then I and then I stirred that four times.  It took 5 days for it to cure in the mold.

Heh.  It leaked all over my cardboard box before it had a chance to set up.  I'd sealed the bottom with shelf contact paper (it was a round mandala pattern I'd cut and had no idea what else to do with it, so no open ends, no need to build a mold).  I stirred the heck out of it, it was the sealing that did me in.  I'll check Amazon and take a look at the IceCast Epoxy, maybe give it another shot.

5 hours ago, RabidAlien said:

Heh.  It leaked all over my cardboard box before it had a chance to set up.  I'd sealed the bottom with shelf contact paper (it was a round mandala pattern I'd cut and had no idea what else to do with it, so no open ends, no need to build a mold).  I stirred the heck out of it, it was the sealing that did me in.  I'll check Amazon and take a look at the IceCast Epoxy, maybe give it another shot.

I purchased a mold from Black Forest Wood Company ( https://blackforestwood.com/collections/reusable-epoxy-resin-form/products/reusable-epoxy-resin-form-rectangle ). It was easy to use and board came out fairly easy after a whack with a rubber mallet on the bottom (their recommended method).