Catching up on posting of finished projects

FrankEV

Love them all but for me the parrots are the winner. Very clever cutting and painting involved in this and a lot of thought working it all out. I must try this some day when I have time. I also love the chrysanths, I think it is because you have used colour that is making me think of copying this idea and I am sure I mentioned before when you did the WIP demo I would like to make/copy these.

Don W

11 hours ago, barb.j.enders said:

....Is there a layer on top of the panel?  It kind of looks that way.

Yes, the cut panel is mounted on top of the backer as, what I call, a "positive" cutting resuting in a raised image.  Both the backer and cutting are painted.

Just for comparison, the Parrot Pair is a "negative" cutting where just the backer is painted.

Edited by FrankEV

14 hours ago, preprius said:

..i had to think about how shadows would appear at night.

you might add "winter" since there is no apparent leaves.

I don't really see them as shadows, but the light sourse (mayby a full moon) shining on the trees and ripples on the ground.

Maybe, a better title would be "Moonlit Winter Trees", How does that sound?

1 hour ago, don watson said:

...Very clever cutting and painting involved in this and a lot of thought working it all out...

It has taken me a lot of trying different ways to paint the backer in pieces like "Parrot Pair".   I have found that I can print out additional copies of the cutting pattern  and cut out the areas of differnt colors to act as a painting stencil.  To do this you  need to be careful to line up each layer stencil so the colors are in the correct location.  This is not a fail safe process but helps to line up the coloring work much more quickly.  A lot of checking how the color looks under the cut panel and tweeking of the paint work,  is still needed.

Coloring often takes longer than cutting!!