roses a bunch

Wichman

Extreamly nice work.  I'm sure your friend will love it.

Not intended to be negative at all but you have demonstrated, by your photo, my biggest pet peeve about cutting thick wood and not using a backer.   If the piece is viewed from anywhere other than straight on and at eye level, the cutting displays the vertical cut edges which distorts the image.   I've done the same thing with a nice dragon image in a beautiful piece of walnut only to be disapointed in the finish piece.  I know a lot of scrollers like to cut thick wood and I don't have a problem with that except for this visual thing I get hung up on.

4 hours ago, FrankEV said:

Extreamly nice work.  I'm sure your friend will love it.

Not intended to be negative at all but you have demonstrated, by your photo, my biggest pet peeve about cutting thick wood and not using a backer.   If the piece is viewed from anywhere other than straight on and at eye level, the cutting displays the vertical cut edges which distorts the image.   I've done the same thing with a nice dragon image in a beautiful piece of walnut only to be disapointed in the finish piece.  I know a lot of scrollers like to cut thick wood and I don't have a problem with that except for this visual thing I get hung up on.

Frank, I do understand your concerns over the finished piece. I had the plaque and had intended to use food dye to color the leaves and flowers but I just ran out of time. I had trouble printing the pattern at a size I wanted, I had to cut out one of the roses as it was (I'll be cutting a single rose out of a smaller plaque and playing around with colors).

I had some major issues with Inkscape just not doing what I wanted. So, I ended up running out of time to make adjustments and just went with what I had.

Thank you so much for the pattern(s), I really do appreciate that you share them with us. :)