Do Hummingbirds tweet?

Joe W.

Joe,

Beautiful cutting of a great pattern!  And I really like the color of the backer.  

I would not have noticed the bit with the tail feathers if you had not mentioned it.

We love our hummingbirds and they are starting to pass through right now, I need to get my feeders up.  Their sound is more of a chirp than a tweet.  

Thurman

Very nice work.  Great pattern by SG.  I did this same piece a while ago and treated it like a Plaque, as suggested by Steve, with a 1/4" thick Oval backer.  The cut panel was stained dark Walnut and the backer left the light color natural maple I used as a backer.    I sanded and stainded the edges of the Oval to make the plywood edge not too noticable.

An option would be to mount your cut panel on a square/rectangular backer of a contrasting color and mount it in a frame.  

Either way would look great.

Here is mine I made for my Lady and hangs on my wall in my home.  It was one of my very early work nearly three years ago..

1645585120_Hummerfinished1.thumb.jpg.07258a216f9720b3a928957fd4de7f97.jpg