Sands of Time Slipping By!

FrankEV

Beautiful piece Frank. I can see why your wife would have laid claim to it. Only improvement for one for her might have been if it had a hummingbird or two perhaps. 😉(I think you have noted before she loves hummingbirds and have made her several pieces with them. Hope my mind is remembering correctly.) I too liked this pattern when Steve shared it.

I think with Steve’s patterns, he aims for fairly easy to do projects that don’t take a lot of time for new scrollers and those with little time to work on big projects.  I think that serves a large audience and is needed, especially in bringing new people to the hobby. However, You, Dave and many others on here are  much more advanced and detailed in your work so I can see where you would not regularly find things on his site appealing to your needs. That’s why it’s good we have other good artists who do more intricate and detail patterns as well. Plus, you and Dave both like to come up with your own ideas or spin on things. It’s always great though when we do find one we like like this one. Maybe I’ll get time to try one myself. 

Edited by meflick
Typos but I probably missed some. 😉

51 minutes ago, meflick said:

Beautiful piece Frank. I can see why your wife would have laid claim to it. Only improvement for one for here mightn’t have been if it had a hummingbird or two perhaps. 😉(I think you have noted before she loves hummingbirds and have made her several pieces with them. Hope my mind is remembering correctly.) I too liked this pattern when Steve shared it. Your memory is spot on.  Maybe Steve could redesign the fretwork  colums to include some tiny Hummingbirds, 😃

The second part of your reply addresses something I have been giving a lot of thought to of late.  Not to take up room on this post I will be opening a discussion about patterns in a seperate post in the General Scroll Sawig forum in a little while.  Watch for it,