bearings

lee5155

I had a bearing fail on my dewalt 788 and have been looking for a company to order from as I live on the central coast of Calif. wanted something local think I have found one in Los Angeles bearing is only $3.26 ea. other company's want close to $10.00 each this is for the HK0609 bearing it is from bearingsdirect in Glendale.

1 hour ago, lee5155 said:

I had a bearing fail on my dewalt 788 and have been looking for a company to order from as I live on the central coast of Calif. wanted something local think I have found one in Los Angeles bearing is only $3.26 ea. other company's want close to $10.00 each this is for the HK0609 bearing it is from bearingsdirect in Glendale.

As long as it's a quality bearing. There are different grades of quality. The bearings from VXB.Com can be counted on for quality.

I agree with Ray, Not all bearings are created equal. The first time I ordered bearings for my DeWalt when I had that saw I bought some cheap ones off eBay.. they was really sloppy.. the needles was almost falling out of the cage.. and you could tell they was not very good quality, I never even used them.. I ordered some from VBX and they lasted 6 years of heavy use.. The next time I ordered I got them from a local bearing shop and wouldn't you know they came in VBX boxes, LOL. I sold the saw before rebuilding it but sold it with all those parts.