VW's and Caravans

John B

3 hours ago, Millwab said:

John, not criticizing, but aren’t you concerned about the hooks you’re  using for couplers and the (presumed) age of the kiddos playing with them?

No Bruce, not at all.
They are not sharp and are far safer than a small wooden dowel that can become loose and be swallowed.
After making hundreds of "name trains" and coupling them with this method, I have found it to be the best.

Edited by John B

@preprius@Dave Monk
The VW's came about because of the "Name Trains" I used to make. A hundred plus letters a month 🤪.
I had an Engine in front, but a lot of Mum's asked if I could do something more "Girly" so along came the peoples car powered by Peace, Love and Coca-Cola  :) 🌻
Of course I then had people ask if I could do VW in boys colours :)  Ya win some.

20 hours ago, John B said:

No Bruce, not at all.
They are not sharp and are far safer than a small wooden dowel that can become loose and be swallowed.
After making hundreds of "name trains" and coupling them with this method, I have found it to be the best.

Are these off the shelf tea cup hooks or are they something special?

5 hours ago, Millwab said:

Are these off the shelf tea cup hooks or are they something special?

Bruce,
They are not the cheap wire ones. All I can tell you is they are 16mm Shouldered cup hooks, bight coated.
I purchased them in lots of a 1000 from an Australian wholesale hardware shop.
Hope this helps a little.