Shop Stool

TAIrving

I saw this on the local, Woodworkers of Houston, facebook page.  It looks like a very nice shop stool but perhaps a bit pricey at $170.  Adjustable Shop Stool With Casters | DEWALT.

The post went on to mention a similar, if not identical, stool at Menards for $90  Masterforce® Premium Shop Stool at Menards®.  I wish we had a Menards close to where I live.  

Profile of the Adjustable Shop Stool with Casters.260-2015.jpg

While that Masterforce looks real similar it also looks to me like it has less and maybe cheaper padding in the cushion part of the stool. I bought a really nice looking and well padded stool about 3-4 years ago and since I couldn't find the same one that my other one was that I've had for a lot of years I bought a cheapy from HF.. I know you get what you pay for but it was real comfy and well padded.. tricky scammers though.. that padding packed down and became what felt like literally no padding at all after about 3-6 months, LOL while the stool is in good shape and the covering is holding up good.. but to be comfy it needs some better padding ... Like I said, sometimes you get what you pay for.. I've had some Masterforce power tools ( sander, Sawzall, and cordless drill to be exact ) and I got less than I paid for.. (ie I could have bought better quality for less money at HF).. 

24 minutes ago, kmmcrafts said:

While that Masterforce looks real similar it also looks to me like it has less and maybe cheaper padding in the cushion part of the stool. I bought a really nice looking and well padded stool about 3-4 years ago and since I couldn't find the same one that my other one was that I've had for a lot of years I bought a cheapy from HF.. I know you get what you pay for but it was real comfy and well padded.. tricky scammers though.. that padding packed down and became what felt like literally no padding at all after about 3-6 months, LOL while the stool is in good shape and the covering is holding up good.. but to be comfy it needs some better padding ... Like I said, sometimes you get what you pay for.. I've had some Masterforce power tools ( sander, Sawzall, and cordless drill to be exact ) and I got less than I paid for.. (ie I could have bought better quality for less money at HF).. 

Kev, I recently recovered/padded all of our dining chairs. Not difficult at all. I bought the padding at Hobby Lobby. 2 inch thick so they are very soft and comfy.

On 5/12/2022 at 1:09 PM, kmmcrafts said:

I am amazed and impressed (not) that someone has outdone HF at cheating cheaping it out. 

Edited by TAIrving
wrong word crept in.

For my shop I went to a Used Office Furniture store. I need a back rest due to my bad back. I bought a used Office Chair that has wheels, a back rest, so UGLY Upholstery, It is Adjustable for height, and it is so very comfortable and it rolls around my shop perfectly! The beauty part of it is that I dickered with the guy and got him down to $25 including tax! :)

Dick

21 hours ago, Greatgrandpawrichard said:

For my shop I went to a Used Office Furniture store. I need a back rest due to my bad back. I bought a used Office Chair that has wheels, a back rest, so UGLY Upholstery, It is Adjustable for height, and it is so very comfortable and it rolls around my shop perfectly! The beauty part of it is that I dickered with the guy and got him down to $25 including tax! :)

Dick

My go to scroll chair is an old office chair as well, it is comfortable to scroll from and I don't have move to another chair when I want to have a snooze