Miter saw ?

rjweb

On 6/11/2022 at 4:50 PM, Sycamore67 said:

Citing smaller things on any saw can be hazardous.  I saw an item by FastCap called the 10 Million Dollar Stick.  It looks like a great safety tool for a miter saw.

Cutting small pieces on the miter saw is dangerous as your fingers are close and a piece can be thrown at you.

10MillionDollarStick-4-370x336.png

61KruUPsuNL._AC_SX679_.jpg

I Have had one of the 10 Million Dollar Sticks for years now and they work great... I think when I got mine they were about $10.00 but I see Grizzly has then now for $14.80

35 minutes ago, rjweb said:

Ok I got it narrowed down to 2 different saws, Ridgid 7 1/4 inch double bevel, cordless 24 lbs and craftsman 7 1/4 inch single bevel cordless 21.5 lbs, both saw features are about the same except for the double bevel on the Ridgid saw. Any opinions of which one would be appreciated, Thx RJ 

I'd go Ridgid. At least they make their stuff, I think. And buying from H/D means warranty/service. Sears is gone  if I'm not mistaken. Who does their service? Sears never made anything. Everything they sold came from suppliers. 

I also would choose the Ridgid given those choices.

The Craftsman brand is owned buy Stanley. Who makes there power tools is anybody's guess.

Ridgid power tools are manufactured by Techtronic Industries, which is a subsidiary of Emerson Electric as of 2022. Founded in 1923 in Ohio, Rigid tools remains in American ownership and are typically made in China. Currently, Rigid tools are sold exclusively to Home Depot as well as on Ridgid.com

• 3 months later...
On 6/16/2022 at 9:58 PM, OCtoolguy said:

This is the saw I'm waiting for a deal on. I hope it goes on sale at some point. I like the fact that it can go up against the wall and not stick way  out.

image_2022-06-16_185811690.png

I bought this saw about two months ago. It went on a one day sale for $299 and I had a 10% coupon. It is an absolute dream of a miter saw. It is the exact same thing as the Delta Cruiser which sells for $500 minimum. Basically it is a Delta in the color orange. It is heavy and I mounted it semi-permanently to a miter saw cabinet that I built.