Just finished this!

OCtoolguy

1 hour ago, FrankEV said:

Beautiful!  They really look good.

Question.  I can see the vertical slats (for lack of a better word) were cut from a thick (3/4" ?) solid piece of wood on the scroll saw.   Did you do the top and bottom on the Scroll saw also or did you use a lathe to turn them after cutting the mortices and gluing up a block?

All done on scroll saw, drill press and router.

3 hours ago, FrankEV said:

Great job.   Almost looks like the top and bottom was cut on a lathe.  Thanks for the reply.

Frank, I try to cut all the circles outside the cut line and then clean them up on a disc sander. Then it's just a matter of gluing them together. The actually bottom piece I did a router cut on the outer edge and bored a hole through it using a Forstner bit. The piece on top of it was a plain piece that was similar to the top piece but I cut a hole in it to accommodate the diameter of the candle. The actual top piece has a hole a bit bigger. It was supposed to be for a but vase but I have no idea where you'd buy bud vases that size and height. Anyway, I like the candles better.

I Remember this from Steve Good and I did cut this or another that looks like this one many years ago.  Sold Great with the Vase....  Amazon you can find about anything.  You Inspired me....  Think I shall cut a few.  Yours looks

Very Clean cut and Very well Finished...............Danny  :+}