Portable Bench/Table suggestions

Hawk

Just finished my first time taking my scroll saw with me camping. The bench I built for it is a bit much to get out of my basement and then set up and tear down daily when camping. It is on the heavy side. So my question to those of you scrollers that have traveled with your saws, is there a portable bench/table that will be easy to carry and still solid enough to keep any vibration to a minimum?  

The pic is my current setup.  The table weights more than the saw and awkward as heck to get up and down the basement stairs.

Chris

20220430_093301.jpg

Edited by Hawk
Add pic

18 hours ago, Hawk said:

Just finished my first time taking my scroll saw with me camping. The bench I built for it is a bit much to get out of my basement and then set up and tear down daily when camping. It is on the heavy side. So my question to those of you scrollers that have traveled with your saws, is there a portable bench/table that will be easy to carry and still solid enough to keep any vibration to a minimum?  

The pic is my current setup.  The table weights more than the saw and awkward as heck to get up and down the basement stairs.

Chris

20220430_093301.jpg

Clamp it to the picnic bench. They're plenty heavy. 

Edited by OCtoolguy

My father inlaw had his mounted to a sheet of 3/4" plywood. He had some holes in his truck tail gate ( not what I would do but..) where he bolted the saw / plywood too. He ran the saw basically off the tail gate of the truck. I've seen folks just clamp a saw to a picnic table too. I don't know how well it worked like that.. Harbor Freight has those foldable sawhorse stands.. I wonder if mounting the saw to a piece of plywood and then somehow clamping to those. I want to get me a set of these.. they look very heavy duty and fold down into very compact size.

https://www.harborfreight.com/32-in-steel-adjustable-sawhorse-1300-lb-capacity-57807.html?_br_psugg_q=sawhorse

4 hours ago, Millwab said:

Chris, does the saw have that much vibration that you need that heavy of a stand for it?

Not much vibration, I've just noticed when trying different stands while getting acquainted with the saw that ones with some weight to it seemed to help the saw to preform better. Might be in my head, but something I keep in mind.

Thanks to all who had suggestions, I believe I have great ideas to work with now. 

Chris