Delta Scrollsaw under Warranty

I bought the Delta 40-694 in 2018 and loved it.  It was basically a twin to the Dewalt 788 but much lower cost plus had  the holding arm feature that Dewalt didn't have.   In Feb 2022, the internal mounting of the motor appears to have come loose.  I don't have the tools nor desire to open it up to try to fix. Since it has a 5 yr warrenty I contacted Delta....all of their service stores within 100 miles of me have closed.  The nearest two Delta service locations are about  130 miles of me one in Virginia and other in PA   I call the two locations, great guys but they both stated they never worked on Delta SS before but were willing look at it and help me with the warrenty aspect . (Seems Delta is not exactly supporting these field service reps very well.) So heads up if you buy a Della SS beware they may not be able to back up thier warranty with reasonable support.    In the mean time I bought a Pegas SS.  Anyone interested obtaining this fixable Delta and stand in N.VA  please contact me with reasonable offer. 

Edited by KellerScroller
added info

48 minutes ago, KellerScroller said:

I bought the Delta 40-694 in 2018 and loved it.  It was basically a twin to the Dewalt 788 but much lower cost plus had  the holding arm feature that Dewalt didn't have.   In Feb 2022, the internal mounting of the motor appears to have come loose.  I don't have the tools nor desire to open it up to try to fix. Since it has a 5 yr warrenty I contacted Delta....all of their service stores within 100 miles of me have closed.  The nearest two Delta service locations are about  130 miles of me one in Virginia and other in PA   I call the two locations, great guys but they both stated they never worked on Delta SS before but were willing look at it and help me with the warrenty aspect . (Seems Delta is not exactly supporting these field service reps very well.) So heads up if you buy a Della SS beware they may not be able to back up thier warranty with reasonable support.    In the mean time I bought a Pegas SS.  Anyone interested obtaining this fixable Delta and stand in N.VA  please contact me with reasonable offer. 

I have 2 of these and one of mine had the same problem

With the insistence of a few here, I took it apart and the repair was extremely easy

Just and FYI if you change your mind about fixing it yourself

`I had a delta and within 2 years it went bad it was under warrantee and I decided to take it to the delta repair shop. after one months  called the shop and they were waiting for parts and would get it done when the parts came IN. this was the same after month 2,3,4,5,6 they finally got it finished I called delta once to find out what the problem was and they said I should just go and buy a new saw Well I did and it wasn't a delta. the original delta is now my back up saw.  Never again,

16 hours ago, William Eicehelberger said:

`I had a delta and within 2 years it went bad it was under warrantee and I decided to take it to the delta repair shop. after one months  called the shop and they were waiting for parts and would get it done when the parts came IN. this was the same after month 2,3,4,5,6 they finally got it finished I called delta once to find out what the problem was and they said I should just go and buy a new saw Well I did and it wasn't a delta. the original delta is now my back up saw.  Never again,

I had a very similar problem with Carbatec, an Aussie company. This was a quite a few years ago. I purchased an Ex 21 and it gave up the ghost after a few weeks. I rang them and they said to return the saw, which i did. cost a small fortune, as I am 600km away. After about 4 weeks and me ringing constantly I rang the Canadian supplier. They arranged for new saw to be sent from  Taiwan, direct and it took a week. Carbatec still have my original. Under Aust. consumer affairs legislation a company must have a repair completed within a reasonable time (usually a week, or 2) and if it is not done a replacement item or full refund must be given.  I have since found out that if the fault is theirs, the company is also liable for postage fees both ways. Hence I have never purchased another thing from Carbatec.

Edited by John B

It seems that a lot of businesses are always willing to help when we are in the market for a machine. However, once the purchase is made and they have our  money and something goes wrong with the machine, we are on our own. Thank you for sharing and I am sorry about your experience. I thought I was the only one that was a victim of poor customer service, LOL.

I am very sensitive about customer service because I have been burned a few times. Reading the forums and doing research have helped me to weed out some poor customer service businesses, but then again...