Drying Mineral Sprits Fast

BadBob

Took me a bit of searching to find out what "Mineral Sprits" is in Oz language. I believe it is called "White Spirits" here. It is used mainly for dry cleaning and recommended for removing stickers  or scroll saw Patterns :) .
it is one chemical I don't have in the shed, May have to get some to make the collection complete :)

Nuclear Explosion Meme Generator - Imgflip

Edited by John B

39 minutes ago, John B said:

Took me a bit of searching to find out what "Mineral Sprits" is in Oz language

It's great for taking patterns off, especially delicate stuff. I use it all the time. I find it dries within seconds of removing pattern though. Maybe because I use just a dab or two, enough to dampen the paper. We get it for about £4 for a 2ltr bottle

White spirit..jpg

The higher the humidity, the slower mineral spirits evaporates. The drying time also depends on exactly what chemicals are in the mix. From reading about mineral spirits, I understood that it is a petroleum by-product, not a particular mix of chemicals.

Other factors are the type of adhesive, paper, and material you are using. I have tried wiping it on with a damp towel, and this removed the pattern but left adhesive that had to be removed. One of the crosses in my photo is made of hardboard, and it was coated entirely with paper with a plastic film on top. I put it on a baking sheet and soaked it with mineral sprits to get it off.