Just Another Tequila Sunrise ....

GusGustin

9 hours ago, GusGustin said:

Just finished this .. it took a few days .. but - only because I am soooo NOT a painter. I had to figure out how to make it look like a SUNSET or SUNRISE (depending on which coast you're on) .. I looked at all sorts of pictures - my favorite being one with these clouds in it and all - but - then figured ... I'm having enough trouble just figuring out how to make a sky, what the heck am I thinking wanting to try to make a freaken CLOUD ???? So .. no clouds.

Also - looked for the GIBSON headstock font. Only one guy offers it and wants $30 bucks to down load it. So - I took a picture of the headstock of one of my Gibsons - Let's see .. G I B S O N .. G U S T I  N .. I only needed I only needed to make a U and a T .. the rest was there. Came out pretty cool.

It's 3/16" acrylic - with a 5/8" baltic birch backer .. Kelly Moore paint on the bottom and top .. then .. acrylic paints to light up the sky.

The only thing about this that I don't like - You can see EVERYWHERE I put glue .. I tried just the edges on the SUN .. in spots. You can see 'em. Then on the reflection - I was going to coat the entire back - but - it was drying way to fast to spread it around .. Any and all ideas .. would be welcome on this .. I'm going to cut another one .. with DIFFERENT TREES .. but - I have to go and draw it first.

A friend of mine made this off a picture he found with no rights or anything on google - made from metal. So I made the pattern from that .. Now I think I'll try to draw a mountain scene with pines or redwoods .. or maybe just another one with Sycamores or something .. we'll see .. where I go on the next one .. but .. first .. H BOTAS sent me a plaque to cut for my grandson .. who just joined the navy .. so .. that's next up on the saw.

One pic is before gluing and before the sunset/sunrise painting .. 

DONE.jpg

Working Almost done 2.jpg

Wow! That's beautiful!