Another one done!

OCtoolguy

7 minutes ago, danny said:

I just might cut a few for this years One Show we do.  Remember cutting

a couple of Maybe Similar (Steve Good design) Years back.  Then they both

did sell fast....  Any How...........................Danny   :+}

Danny, I've got 3 patterns and chose this one to try out. I made the first one full size, the second one is the shortest and the 3rd one will be mid-size. My wife wanted a full set to sit on our kitchen counter. Anyway, to my point. I'm going to make them in sets of 3 and see what the market will bear. Knowing what folks are willing to pay for things that are home-made does give me the incentive to try more. It's coming to mind that people are starting to want quality instead of the Chinese crap that is everywhere and are will to pay for it. So, with that in mind, I'm going to start these out at $149.95 for a set including the battery operated candles. Plus shipping of course. I'm not going to use Etsy either. Why give them a share of the profits? Just my 2 cents.

Edited by OCtoolguy

36 minutes ago, danny said:

Well Ray I see no reason for a set of 3 your asking price will be Good.

It looks like your using Quality Hard wood.  Yes?   I only used the good

ole BB back then and easily got $40 each....  I do like your thoughts.  :+}

Thanks Danny. Maybe I'm thinking too small. I'm still living in the last decade or so. I do use good wood. I buy all my wood from a yard that specializes in scroll saw folks. Chris, he guy who runs their online operation, always fixes me up with a box of scraps/cutoffs that they can't sell. So a trip out there is always like Christmas. You can't imagine how much purple heart I have just waiting for the right project. If you ever need great wood at a great price, check out cherokee Wood Products. 

On 6/22/2022 at 6:03 PM, OCtoolguy said:

I took the pattern from the last one and shrunk it down so I could use one of the short candles that came in the set. This one is 4 inches but I have a 2 & 3 also. Not sure yet which one will look better. Gotta wait for dark.

20220622_145919.jpg

Boy everybody's skills are outta this world!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2022 at 3:03 PM, OCtoolguy said:

I took the pattern from the last one and shrunk it down so I could use one of the short candles that came in the set. This one is 4 inches but I have a 2 & 3 also. Not sure yet which one will look better. Gotta wait for dark.

20220622_145919.jpg

Fun projects. I like the  wood choices here. Sure adds a lot from using one color of Wood. I bet they look great side by side. 

Dick

heppnerguy

• 4 months later...
5 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

It's been a while since you posted those neat candleholders. How did your pricing work out?

Well, to be honest, my wife has me making them for Christmas gifts so I haven't sold any. It seems like everything I make for her, she wants to give as gifts. Now she just asked me to make another one of my votive candle holders. They are the most time consuming. But I enjoy making them.