If I MAY SAY HELLO

Scrappile

• Scrappile changed the title to If I MAY SAY HELLO

Glad to see you can get back on the saw, Paul. Yes, I understand how that song can get into your head. It did the same with me and I ended up cutting Frank's pattern also. I'm glad to see you were referring to "tennis" balls. I was thinking when I read you message that my dogs have been neutered. Anyway, you did a great job and I like the addition of the roses. If there was a mistake with the letters on the "ball" tender, I surely didn't see it.

Edited by Dak0ta52

38 minutes ago, Dak0ta52 said:

Glad to see you can get back on the saw, Paul. Yes, I understand how that song can get into your head. It did the same with me and I ended up cutting Frank's pattern also. I'm glad to see you were referring to "tennis" balls. I was thinking when I read you message that my dogs have been neutered. Anyway, you did a great job and I like the addition of the roses. If there was a mistake with the letters on the "ball" tender, I surely didn't see it.

He uses LaCrosse balls,,, and yep pour old Ali has been neutered. I go him at 14 months old... I got him from a young Chinese couple that had to find him a new home, the mother and number 2 son were allergic to him.. we have had Ali for over three years. They still keep in touch with us.  On Ali papers his name is "Sparky'.  Not a name for a lab.. they said it Chinese Sparky would be Ali.. Ali made a better name, so that is what he goes by.

This couple, Chinese Americans.. their sons first names are Walter and Forest... how is that for Chinese names..  They are really a great family.  

Ali.jpg

Great to get an update Paul and to see you have found some time in the shop. I am sure Ali loves his ball dispenser and appreciates the organization to easily find a ball to throw for him. Your Trees of Green looks good to me. Not sure if I attempted it that my tree would come out all in one piece. 😏🤫 prayers for you and yours, visit and update when you can. You have been missed around here as well.

Great cutting.  Not only do I have the song running through my brain, but I now have tears leaking out of my eyes.  This was one of my dad's favourite songs and was played at his funeral.  Most recently, my sister used it as the song to dance with her son at his wedding.

Excellent cutting and well put together. This too, is one of my favourite songs.
My youngest son is autistic and many years ago< he was 2< I took long service leave from the Police force and we travelled around Australia for 3 months.
At a small caravan park in South Australia, there was a group of entertainers staying. Everybody was sitting around a camp fire just chatting when this huge Thursday Islander fellow, picked up our son and sang this song to him. He sounded so much like Satchmo, that with your eyes closed you'd of sworn it was the man himself.

10 hours ago, John B said:

Excellent cutting and well put together. This too, is one of my favourite songs.
My youngest son is autistic and many years ago< he was 2< I took long service leave from the Police force and we travelled around Australia for 3 months.
At a small caravan park in South Australia, there was a group of entertainers staying. Everybody was sitting around a camp fire just chatting when this huge Thursday Islander fellow, picked up our son and sang this song to him. He sounded so much like Satchmo, that with your eyes closed you'd of sworn it was the man himself.

Autism and music , brings back many memories, My son was obsessed with Johnny Cash. 

Good to see you’re back Scrappile. (Yeah… everyone calls ya Paul, but I chuckle every time I see your “handle”.)Thanks for posting the Trees of Green. I missed it when Frank posted it. That song is what my daughter picked, for us to dance to at her wedding, for the father/daughter dance. Looks like I’m gonna attempt it. 
It’s also really cool that you cut the tree and had it come out in one piece! Nice!!!!!