It's been very quiet in the Village!

OCtoolguy

21 minutes ago, OCtoolguy said:

On that note, we were at Costco yesterday and had my first sample of Beyond Meat. I must say I was impressed. Very tasty and I can imagine a burger made of it. Very juicy and tasted and felt just like a hamburger.

You liberal commie,,,,,!  just joking, just joking... My father-in-law loved veggie burgers when they came out.. fake meat, made of something vegetable.  It wasn't bad..but would not replace a ribeye steak...

4 hours ago, Scrappile said:

You liberal commie,,,,,!  just joking, just joking... My father-in-law loved veggie burgers when they came out.. fake meat, made of something vegetable.  It wasn't bad..but would not replace a ribeye steak...

I had spare ribs dripping with plum sauce the other night and couldn't help but feel sorry for all those that only eat vegies. Not only do they miss out on the taste, but the mess is something else to behold :)
1000+ images about I love Ribs on Pinterest | Barbecue, Ribs and ...

I've been here, jumping in and out with a few comments and reviews.  Actually been very busy in the shop in between some home chore projects that need to be taken care of.

I've got three  projects panels in the works.  Cutting is complete but still some coloring work to be completed  with assembly and framing still to be done.

Elsewise, a bunch of my time has been taken up using my new KKmoon laser engraver to put my LOGO  on the back side of my past work.  I had signed them with a simple wood burning pen and it really looked cheesy.  So I have to sand off the burning and let the engraver do its thing.     

Cleaning up the existing panels takes a while.  Remove frame, sand, engrave (about 45 minutes each), recoat back, replace in frame.  Just finishing up the last of about 70+ panels I currently have on hand.  I got about 6 to 8 done a day over the past couple of weeks.

In addition to the above mentioned work, I have finally taken the time to accurately catalog my work in my computer and set up a portfolio book with photos of my available work.  Probably more than I realy need, but I maintain a file that includes the original images and patterns in both SGV and PDF format.  This file includes a lot of posssible future projects as well. 

I also take photos of each piece  and have found I need to keep copies in both their Raw state and one in the cropped version I use herein and on my FB page.   You need to use a raw image when odering prints on-line (I use Ammazon).

So, I havn't posted much lately, but none the less very busy.  Sometimes there is more to this hobby than just scrolling.

Hey Kevin, you probably trimmed too much of the fat off the meat and that's why it didn't grow. But Michigan produce is great. As a tyke I was shipped up to southwest Michigan to my Grandfathers little farm to pick strawberries and lopes when ready. I guess that's how I got into growing my own veggies. And he was a Master Woodworker from Germany so I guess that's how I got my love for woodworking and eventually scrolling.

My tomatoes are doing great.  Have several grape tomato plants and the wife loves them.  It has been hot but in our area gotten good rain.  My biggest problem is deer.  They are just long legged rabbits and can now the garden down quickly.  Two years ago, they chopped off all the Hosta blooms.  I put up narrow Mylar reflective tape and that stopped them.

14 hours ago, Scrappile said:

I never said that! I like eating stuff with eyeballs. But if I was forced to eat "green" I could eat that stuff. Maybe I was just hungry.

16 hours ago, OCtoolguy said:

On that note, we were at Costco yesterday and had my first sample of Beyond Meat. I must say I was impressed. Very tasty and I can imagine a burger made of it. Very juicy and tasted and felt just like a hamburger.

Much braver than I am, LOL.. My son and daughter, actually my wife too.. tried that ( I think it's called ) impossible burger from Burger King.. they said you really couldn't tell that it wasn't a regular Whopper.. I've thought about trying it a few times now.. I'd just be mad if I went out to eat and didn't get my satisfaction of it being the real whopper, LOL

1 hour ago, kmmcrafts said:

Much braver than I am, LOL.. My son and daughter, actually my wife too.. tried that ( I think it's called ) impossible burger from Burger King.. they said you really couldn't tell that it wasn't a regular Whopper.. I've thought about trying it a few times now.. I'd just be mad if I went out to eat and didn't get my satisfaction of it being the real whopper, LOL

Burger King was the first to sell microwaved burgers back in the late 60s. I've never been a fan of their food. But, what I had was called "Beyond Meat" and I think it was a soy/tofu mix. Whatever they did to it, it tasted and looked like meat and the texture was similar. It was good. 

Thanks for all the answers to my topic. I forget that where I live we don't have to separate the todo list into summer and winter projects. I was mostly worried that all the violent weather may have adversely effected the lives of those in the storm states. Glad to hear that nobody was in peril.

We had some strong storms last week roll through, I got a small limb come down that I still need to clean up.. power was out for about 3.5 days. Thankfully I have a generator so life wasn't disturbed a whole lot. I normally wouldn't run the generator all day but since my wife, my youngest son, and myself work here from home I ran it during the daytime hours but shut it down shortly after dinner and clean-up was done. Then of coarse, I have to get up before the wife and get it fired up so she can get her coffee before she has to actually talk to people for work, LOL.

This later part of last week and up until Tuesday this week it's supposed to be humid, not necessarily "hot" at mid to upper 80's even low 90's but this 80 - 98% humidity is for someone besides the human race. We get some summer days with higher humidity sometimes but I don't ever remember getting such high humidity that my shop floor is actually wet and sweating.. maybe that is my sweat, LOL.. I really haven't done much more than I have too outside the last few days, Got several orders that I've been putting off until "hopefully" a better day but looks like tomorrow I'm going to have to work.. like to put it off another day but then I'll be cutting it too close to the deadlines.. 

On 8/4/2022 at 7:31 PM, OCtoolguy said:

Costco is dangerous, was there Saturday with the wife for some odds and ends walked out with $600 worth of food, an inflatable hot tub and a biolite fire pit .... Apparently she who must be obeyed stated she was just keeping up with my tool purchases .... Go figure🤣🤣🤣

28 minutes ago, Eplfan2011 said:

Costco is dangerous, was there Saturday with the wife for some odds and ends walked out with $600 worth of food, an inflatable hot tub and a biolite fire pit .... Apparently she who must be obeyed stated she was just keeping up with my tool purchases .... Go figure🤣🤣🤣

It was recently posted that the most expensive vehicle to operate in the U.S. is the shopping cart at Costco.

On 8/4/2022 at 8:55 AM, Charlie E said:

Hate to brag but I've been dealing with septic tank issues. I know you're all jealous. 😁 Turned into about a $10,000 project. 

Lol , you think you have problems . In the Carolinas they raise so many pigs for the market that they have to truck the poo elsewhere!!!

• 3 months later...

Well, it's been around 90 days since the last post to this topic so, to keep it alive, here's another one. I'm glad there's a topic like this so I can participate. 😉 I was given a barely used DW 788 last June. But, I'm so covered up with other woodworking projects that it has just sat idle on the bench since getting it in the shop. I'm nearing the end of the current list of projects. By Christmas, they will be done and dusted. YEA!!!

You Tube scrollers, Steve Good and THIS FORUM have all contributed to increasing the desire to get started cutting. This forum and, you contributors, have and continue to be, a fantastic source of information and inspiration. Thank you all. 

1 hour ago, Gene Howe said:

Well, it's been around 90 days since the last post to this topic so, to keep it alive, here's another one. I'm glad there's a topic like this so I can participate. 😉 I was given a barely used DW 788 last June. But, I'm so covered up with other woodworking projects that it has just sat idle on the bench since getting it in the shop. I'm nearing the end of the current list of projects. By Christmas, they will be done and dusted. YEA!!!

You Tube scrollers, Steve Good and THIS FORUM have all contributed to increasing the desire to get started cutting. This forum and, you contributors, have and continue to be, a fantastic source of information and inspiration. Thank you all. 

My sentiments too. Once I found SSV, I never looked back.