Furniture

Eplfan2011

I'm going to assume that there are members that do other types of woodwork such as furniture building. Do any of you combine your skills and build scrollsaw designs into aprons, table tops and panels.

I'm definitely going to try this when I've developed my skills enough to do passable work.

Edited by Eplfan2011

1 hour ago, Scrappile said:

Well I did once but it wasn't much scrolling.. I built a morris chair.  The wide panels in the sides the chair and foot stool were blank.. I added the sail boat on the chair and the light house on footstool... That was back when I had my first scroll saw.. A Craftsman, that I had to get down on my knees to mount the blade in the bottom clamp, so it was back when I did very little scrolling..

467611-438x.jpg

Yes that's the sort of thing I mean ! Well done

1 hour ago, Dan said:

I made this many years ago. The pattern was from Scrolleronline (I think). It was damaged a few years ago and I hope to make another one this fall/winter.

Bear-Ridge-Bench.jpg

I'm probably not allowed to swear here..so I won't, but that is gorgeous!!!

Great work  !!!

Edited by Eplfan2011

2 hours ago, Scrappile said:

Well I did once but it wasn't much scrolling.. I built a morris chair.  The wide panels in the sides the chair and foot stool were blank.. I added the sail boat on the chair and the light house on footstool... That was back when I had my first scroll saw.. A Craftsman, that I had to get down on my knees to mount the blade in the bottom clamp, so it was back when I did very little scrolling..

467611-438x.jpg

As usual Paul, you amaze me.

2 hours ago, preprius said:

interesting.

it look like the back has 3 pieces.  but only trees on ends are narrow. That puts the main center piece really long.  

I can think of 2 possible ways to do this 1) spiral blades is used   OR  2) jig saw.

Did you have another way?

Me.

Mark Eason

Spiral blade. I used 1/2" plywood with a 1/4" backer. Next one will have a 1/2" backer. 

8 hours ago, Dan said:

I made this many years ago. The pattern was from Scrolleronline (I think). It was damaged a few years ago and I hope to make another one this fall/winter.

Bear-Ridge-Bench.jpg

I recently bought this pattern for a winter project.  I plan to use the miter saw extensions to support the ends, I will be using spiral blades.

http://www.scrolleronline.com/product/Bear-Ridge-Mountain-Bench-Project-Pattern/876

• 2 weeks later...