Β  Β  Β  Jump to content

Hello village, I have a problem....

Eric67

Hello everybody
I haven't been here for a long time, but I continue to scroll and I don't forget youπŸ‘‹

You can see my last work, when i removed an adhesive paper, the first layer of wood came off.πŸ™„
What am I going to do ?

1) I throw it away
2) I try to do something but what?
3): I left it like that.

My wife chose the third solution.

By the way...it's me! from a photoπŸ˜‚

Au plaisir de vous lire.

Eric

it's me !!!!.jpg

Oh dear, that's a shame. It seems that whatever was stuck to the wood has an adhesive that was way too strong.Β  If it helps I use a repositional craft glue on my patterns and stick straight onto my wood and when finished I wipe the pattern with white spirit and the pattern just falls off. Perhaps something to consider in the future ?Β  In the past I found that blue tape did this to some of my wood so haven't used it since.Β 

I agree maybe the backside is usable as stated by Dan.Β  Is that Baltic Birch?Β  I also do what Foxfold does.Β  Never had a problem that way...Β  some times the pattern comes off complete and you can put them on you workroom wall.

Β 

But if you and your wife like it that way,, then that is how you planned it and I say nicely done!  I have some that I tell people I planned it that way and so far no one has questioned me on it.  🀨

Eric, I had few ideas spring to mind.

Like others. have queried, If the reverse is in good shape, use that as the face.
Paint the piece white or a light colour
How thick is the face veneer?. If it is thin (It looks it in the pic) and you are prepared to write of the item, I'd risk attempting to sand that layer of veneer off.

Sometimes, we just have call it, and start over. I had to do that with a John Wayne portrait, I double stacked and had about 4 hours in it, and while preparing them for finishing a few delicate pieces broke. 😞

Thank you all for your replies,Β πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
they are very interesting.
The problem I had was probably due to the high temperatures we currently have (95Β°F) The glue adhered more than usual.
Used on the other side? It's worse.
It's not birch it's oukoumΓ© plywood used for outdoor work, I don't like birch, I can't work it
I could paint it but...
sand it? why not but I'm afraid to break some parts.
I'm undecided,πŸ€” I'll going to leave it for some days
If I'm brave I'll do it again but not in the next few days.πŸ₯΄

Bonne journΓ©e Γ  toutes et Γ  tous.

Eric

If is adheasive paper (like a label) soak good with mineral spirits/white spirits and the remaining pattern should come off easily.Β  Clean any residual glue with a mineral spititΒ  dampend rag.Β  Β Let dry throughly.Β  Only now can you try careful sanding.Β  A thin application of wood filler may be able to save the work, but it will probably need to be painted in order to hide the damaged/filled areas.Β Β 

Edited by FrankEV