Hummingbirds

alexfox

19 minutes ago, alexfox said:

I've always been interested to see hummingbird. For me it is exotic bird, which I have never seen even in zoo. Is there a hummingbird in your country and can you see it in nature?

And here is my latest - 7,5 x 9 inches, 4 layers.

Hummingbird pattern

01.jpg

Alex my wife is a bird feeder. In the summer we usually have between 40 and 60 ruby throat Hummingbirds at our house. She usually goes thru 6 to 8 liters of sugar water for food a day. Your pattern is great. I will have to cut this one for my wife.

Beautiful pattern and well cut! 

Hummingbirds are amazing creatures.  They are so small and delicate yet they fly south from the northern states and Canada.  They pause in Texas to bulk and recover from the journey.  When they have sufficiently recovered their strength they fly 600 miles (966 km) across the gulf of Mexico to South America.

Our Hummies just left to head south. They  come almost on the same day  in April and leave the same in October. We always look forward to their return and one year my wife had them feeding out of a hand feeder. Their "woosh" sound when they fly by is a welcoming sound as we sit watching them on our deck. My wife just ordered Alex's pattern from Etsy and it will be on my list of winter projects.

Hummie hand.jpg

Edited by munzieb
mod picture

Something I really like about Alex Fox patterns is they are detailed without being too delicate. Nice piece as usual.

We (wife and I) keep two feeders on our front porch. I don't believe we had as many this year as we've had in years past. I have been sitting on the porch swing having to keep my head on a swivel to keep from getting bopped in the noggin.