Fad's

Wichman

5 hours ago, Scrappile said:

You mean like wearing your levis down low, cigs pack rolled up in your white T-shirt sleeve and a ducktail hair do,,,, dude?  sorry.

I think the pants down low has gotten out if control. I never wore mine below my butt cheeks like I see now. How DO they keep them up?

5 hours ago, Scrappile said:

You mean like wearing your levis down low, cigs pack rolled up in your white T-shirt sleeve and a ducktail hair do,,,, dude?  sorry.

4 minutes ago, OCtoolguy said:

I think the pants down low has gotten out if control. I never wore mine below my butt cheeks like I see now. How DO they keep them up?

You DO realize I was asking about scroll saw fads, right?

I guess I've never fell into the "gotta make the new fad" gang.. I just make things I like OR what customers ask for. One I remember getting a lot of request for was the fidget spinners.. seems there was wands too back in the Harry Potter days.. Never did either even though I was asked because one, at the time I was more artistic in what I was making and I seen no art in fidget spinners plus I didn't want to fool with getting bearings etc... Didn't have a lathe at the time of the wand fad. 

Edited by kmmcrafts

The consumer is fickle. For that reason, I don't attempt to keep up with them. By the time I realize the emergence of a fad, it's too late, anyway. Like kmmcrafts, I make what is requested (sometimes😉) but, more often, what I like. I'm more process oriented than result driven. So what leaves the bench is often a crap shoot. Right now, I'm in the midst of making 4 Limbert style tables. Repetitive work drives me bonkers. The only thing saving my sanity is that the tops are Resin coated mesquite round slabs. There's enough variation in the process of prepping and finishing the tops to ease the angst of the mundane table leg builds. Once these are done and delivered, I hope never to be asked to make another. I hate saying NO! 

Edited by Gene Howe