colouring tip

John B

Another tip, that I use that may help a few members.
For small items such as Xmas Tree Decos, or small sections of an item that requires a bit of colour, I use Nail Polish, What's left after I do my nails :)
There are some fantastic metallics and glitters available in nail polish and if you go to the discount shops you can pick up pots from 50c each.
Another good source is chemist shops when they are getting rid of unwanted stock and have a tub full discounted. If the polish is a bit thick a few drops of lacquer thinner fixes that.

Deborah Lippmann nail polish in Candy Shop Review | Allure

Never gave that a thought. The wife has a ton of it laying around she don't use. If it is thick I have acetone to help with that. I think it would be a better solution than lacquer thinner which I also keep. I'll mention it to her since she does the painting of things. Might work better for ornaments. Thanks for posting this.

7 hours ago, WayneMahler said:

Just told the wife about this. Her first comment was it is made with formaldehyde . Looking into this it depends on the brand. There are chemical free polishes available so if your going to use this, be careful . Learn something new everyday. Thought this was worth noting. 

It is below considered safe levels, lots of things we use have formaldehyde in them, Particle board, Plywood, mdf etc