Yet another position for my 788

qlty

The first move was to do away with the Factory stand that came with my 788 De Walt.I placed it on a tool stand about 25 inches high bolted to a plank on top of the stand.Just the other day I placed it still bolted to the plank on two wood wine boxes that are on end and are approx.15 inches high,Sitting in a secretary type chair on wheels the saw's work table is now in my lap and I look down on the pattern and am able to cut much more accurately and faster,the front box being on end and in line with the saw allows my legs to go around it and I use a foot switch that is moveable.To me it has made a word of difference I might weigh down the boxes to minimize a slight vibration in the future.I have been scrolling a few years now and It proves you never stop learning.Just wanted to share this it might be worth a try also I can now use my by focals instead of reading glasses. :santa:

We all have our own ideas as to what suits us best when we are spending hours at the scroll saw. My idea was to have a solid bench with a thick top to house my Ex-21 and Dewalt 788 along with some other machines. I spent a while on the internet tracking down my ideal bench. It was expensive but exactly what I wanted. The bench is made up of thick steel plate, has a 2inch thick wooden top and a top layer of 1/4 inch metal. On top of this I placed two rubber mats, about 1/8th thick and then bolted my saws down tightly. How does it all work. I am disappointed to be honest. Anything over half speed on the scroll saws and i get bad vibration. I am trying to figure out a solution and I think if I get one of those thick industrial rubber mats about a half inch thick this may solve the problem. I found the on/off switch on the Ex-21 to be really small and annoying to turn on and off and like you I fitted a foot switch and apart from the vibration is really good.