Compound Cut Ornaments

If you found a photo of the bird house in her book, the pattern for it should be there on that page or on the next page with it. Just copy that pattern on your computer or photo copier and you have the pattern to use. They are never located anywhere else in her books. Attach the pattern to your wood and cut it out. 3D patterns require a front and side view image that need to be kept attached to each other. You fold this line between the two views and then glue both to your wood, so the pattern wraps around two sides of the wood. You then cut one side view, while holding all of the pieces together. When that side view is completely cut, turn the wood so the other side view is facing up, again continuing to hold all of the pieces together. You then cut the pattern in this side of the block of wood. When you have finished cutting of both sides of the wood, you can remove the outside pieces, and the birdhouse or other item will be in the center of the block of wood.

I have most of her books. Tell me the book name and page number. Maybe I can help more after looking at the page you are working on.

Charley