Tree of Life

courtym74

Awesome, I might see if it is cuttable when I shrink it down to Kennedy coin size.  I have another tree of life pattern I do, but it's a bit more involved, so this might be a good alternative.  I attached the one I've been doing, cut on a kennedy.  As you can see, it's a little nasty, even blown up.  If you were to see that at actual size, the twigs are pin size.

TreeOfLife.jpg

Edited by hotshot

38 minutes ago, hotshot said:

Awesome, I might see if it is cuttable when I shrink it down to Kennedy coin size.  I have another tree of life pattern I do, but it's a bit more involved, so this might be a good alternative.  I attached the one I've been doing, cut on a kennedy.  As you can see, it's a little nasty, even blown up.  If you were to see that at actual size, the twigs are pin size.

TreeOfLife.jpg

When I posted your request, I was hoping you were thinking of a coin cut!  I really miss seeing you coin art.  Hope you get back to sharing it with us.

Edited by Scrappile

11 hours ago, Scrappile said:

When I posted your request, I was hoping you were thinking of a coin cut!  I really miss seeing you coin art.  Hope you get back to sharing it with us.

I hope to get some saw time shortly, and will post this new design if it is cuttable.  A lot of the time, I wont really know if it can be cut until I print it to size,  and get it on the saw and see it under magnification.  There is always the Eisenhower if I need a little more re-estate 🙂

Edited by hotshot

On 11/27/2022 at 10:17 PM, Dak0ta52 said:

Great job, Matt. I was thinking the same thing as Charlie. My saw is only 16-inches so I would have to cut something that large with spirals.

Rodney, I basically would cut from an outside corner, where the leaf tip met the rim, down until the leaf meets stem then back up and cut the rim to the other leaf tip then go from there. Kept me from making that turn that put the piece against the back of the saw.