Old Excalibur Scroll Saw

BadBob

I am new to this craft but am excited for you. That's a very kind and generous offer of someone to you. Loving machinery as I do, as well as enjoying learning the evolution of scroll saw technology, I'll be very interested to follow here and learn along with you. I do like the off-saw motor arrangement.

Don

Edited by Tallbald

I found a manual for the saw. The tension is adjusted with a knob on the rear of the saw. It has an ac motor, and the speed is changed by moving the drive belt on a pair of step pulleys. The clamps are pretty crude and require a tool to tighten. Not something I would want to use, and I certainly don't need it. I decided to pass.

Interestingly, the clamps for EX21 might work. If I had taken it, I certainly would have tried.

The manual is pretty bad, and it looks like you had to provide the motor. I did not see it mentioned anywhere in the manual.

Excalibur II Scroll Saw Manual.pdf

If I was close, I'd take it.  Clean it up, add the pegas clamps, which means the tension release would be at the front.  I'd use it to back up my current saw and it if scrolling something, the takes different blades, switch back and forth between the two saws.  Not sure how you change speeds, looks like there is a cover over the belt.. But a lot of people get along just fine with a single speed scroll saw.

Edited by Scrappile

1 hour ago, Scrappile said:

If I was close, I'd take it.  Clean it up, add the pegas clamps, which means the tension release would be at the front.  I'd use it to back up my current saw and it if scrolling something, the takes different blades, switch back and forth between the two saws.  Not sure how you change speeds, looks like there is a cover over the belt.. But a lot of people get along just fine with a single speed scroll saw.

Agree 100%.

• 3 weeks later...