This years Nativity

Scrappile

11 hours ago, Dak0ta52 said:

Great job Paul! What wood did you use on the barn? Beautiful grain!

The barn is MonkeyPod from Ocooch Hardwoods. It us usually very pretty and easy to cut.  Kinda like a brown mahogany instead of reddish.  The figures are maple. 

The pattern calls for the back piece of the barn to be cut open just like the front, but I thought not cutting it all out would give a background to show off the figurines better,

Edited by Scrappile

2 hours ago, Scrappile said:

The barn is MonkeyPod from Ocooch Hardwoods. It us usually very pretty and easy to cut.  Kinda like a brown mahogany instead of reddish.  The figures are maple. 

The pattern calls for the back piece of the barn to be cut open just like the front, but I thought not cutting it all out would give a background to show off the figurines better,

I was guessing MonkeyPod. I've used it before and really like it. 

On 12/5/2022 at 6:24 PM, Scrappile said:

Several years ago, I decided I wanted to scroll a different Nativity each year.  Well this is the one for this year.. the third I have completed... I'm a little behind.   This is a Sheila Landry Pattern.  Called "Filigree Nativity Set".  It's a little different

12 2022 nativity copy.jpg

12 2022 nativity 2.jpg

Absolutely beautiful 

Beautiful pieces Paul.  We have several different nativities displayed that we have obtained over the years.  I have at least one simple one from Steve Good I cut and a layered one from the magazine.  While I love the look of the filigree - I run from all those holes to drill and the cutting of them.  I agree with you on the solid back - I think it helps the figures poppet much more the way you have it.