FIRST PROJECT

Ron Johnson

18 minutes ago, lawson56 said:

I to started with a 16 in Craftsman (Gift from Dad) My first cutting was Winnie The Pooh, for my 1st Granddaughter, who is was 1 at the time and is now 23.😃 Beautiful job by the way.👍👍

Thanks Bobby. The 16” craftsman was actually a decent machine but it wasn’t long before I moved up to a 20” and then a 30” which I still have. I don’t think I’ll be going any bigger…Lol 

My first experience with scrolling was several years ago with a little Delta saw. I adhered photos to Lexan and cut the human subjects away from the background. Then glued stands to the backs. Rather ugly. At the time, I was making cabinets in the Arts and craft style from QSWO for our new place and cut several Ginko leaves as decoration.  After that, I never got back to scrolling and,eventually sold the saw. Now that I've been gifted a nice, hardly used, DeWalt 788, I'm anxious to get back to scrolling. Joining this group and subscribing to Steve Good's news letter, has certainly kept me interested in jumping back in again. I've recently been occupied with several resin coated Mesquite slab tables. Now that they're done and delivered, I can devote the time to re learning scrolling. Not that I'd ever mastered it, before.😏

6 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

My first experience with scrolling was several years ago with a little Delta saw. I adhered photos to Lexan and cut the human subjects away from the background. Then glued stands to the backs. Rather ugly. At the time, I was making cabinets in the Arts and craft style from QSWO for our new place and cut several Ginko leaves as decoration.  After that, I never got back to scrolling and,eventually sold the saw. Now that I've been gifted a nice, hardly used, DeWalt 788, I'm anxious to get back to scrolling. Joining this group and subscribing to Steve Good's news letter, has certainly kept me interested in jumping back in again. I've recently been occupied with several resin coated Mesquite slab tables. Now that they're done and delivered, I can devote the time to re learning scrolling. Not that I'd ever mastered it, before.😏

Good to hear you’re back at a very enjoyable hobby Gene. One never stops learning because as soon as you think you’ve learned all there is to, someone will show you something you haven’t. The Dewalt you have is a very popular saw. I’m sure you’ll produce some beautiful work from it. Enjoy. Happy New Year.