Dremel tool

chippygeoff

I have bought a Dremel 300 that I will find many uses for in my scroll saw work. Another piece if equipment that I need is a router table and its main use would be to round over the edges on things like trivets and coasters etc. I have a small workshop and space is limited and I have just seen a small router table that is made by Dremel. This would be perfect as it can be clamped to my bench and the table size is just 8 x 6 but would my 300 be up to the job as they have low torque. I am using hardwoods from 1/4 to a half inch. I just need to round over the edges to make the trivets etc look more attractive to the customers at the craft fairs. I would be grateful for any feed back on this.

Geoff.

Thanks Clayton. Going on what you said i will try a dremel router bit, they are not expensive to buy. From the information I have so far I can get a dremel or equivalent router rounding over bit but it will only round over about 1/8th of the thickness and on something that is half an inch thick I think it would look better with a bigger bit so i will do some research and see what i can come up with.

The only router bits for dremel (at least in my area) come in a pack of 6 for around 30.00 dollars. That with the price of the table will add up. For about the same amount you can get a router and table combo. I got mine last year at home depot for 99.00. It is a small table as well anf can be clamped to a work bench. I would look at all options before settling on the dremel route. At least that way as you expand you can get other bits for othet projects. Hope this helps some

Thanks guys for all your advice and your right, a router table will be the best option looking at the economics of the problem. I already have a nice router and lots of router bits so I just need the router plate insert and will make a small table for it. I was thinking of hinging the top to make it easier to adjust the amount of router bit that comes out of the top as I cannot bend very well. Thanks again.