Treated myself to new set of brad point drill bits and a bimetal hole saw set

Tallbald

Last brad point set I bought was I think in the early 1990's, from Woodworker Supply of New Mexico. Hole saw set was .....Harbor Freight maybe 10 years ago and was too shallow and sort of dull from the get-go. With my plans for toy wheels and animated toys, jigsaw puzzles and such I just thought it was time. I've been looking over a few videos on sharpening Forstner bits. Seems rather straightforward but requires a few small diamond whetstone cards. Still looking for those (and would really appreciate suggestions here!).

Funny how a small purchase for a frugal fella can make me feel awfully "spendy". SOmetimes though I realize I have to just bite the bullet...

Don

I decide to try making a wooden gear clock once and want to have good accurate brad point bits.  So I listed the sizes I needed for the project and bought those sizes from Lee Valley.  They were and are good ones.. I add to the group as I need a size I do not yet have.  Does not sting as bad to buy a few at a time.

Thanks for the thoughts friends. I have Amazon Prime and found that particular diamond stone set for a couple dollars less and free shipping to me so that's likely the route I'll be going. Perfect winter project to sharpen my Forstner bits, right along with sharpening all my twist bits with my old Drill Doctor gizmo. Already organized my bits again and wrote down what replacement sizes I need. 

Sure will be happy when warm weather gets here. Sub-zero temps one week ago, bursting water mains and pipes, frost bitten livestock from 30-below-zero wind chill temperatures but mid 60's today, pushing 70 tomorrow. Welcome to Kentucky here in the mid-south USA. Thunder storming right now. Hoping no tornados this season like the tragedy across town 12 1/2 months ago.

Also keeping busy planning projects on Beloved Wife's and my new little Wen scroll saw, while I heal from the rotator cuff surgery. And hoping for a price drop sale on the Jet 18 inch scroll saw this season. Haven't been this excited about my wood crafting plans since my lathe turned sculptural period from 1995 to 2005. Sure appreciate everyone here being so encouraging and kindly helpful. Truly.

All my very best to each and every one of you folks.

Don